- Where can I hear ECLIPSE TD speakers?
- You can hear ECLIPSE TD speakers at any of our listed retailers. Please be aware, however, that not every shop stocks our entire range. Clicking on a particular retailer will provide a list of the products that should currently be on demonstration, however we would advise you to contact the retailer directly to ensure that the product you are interested in is available.
Click to see your nearest ECLIPSE TD stockist.
- What kind of set up is best for ECLIPSE TD speakers?
- The best speaker set up depends on your room's dimensions and environment. Every room is different, so consider the following when choosing where to situate your speakers.
- Distance from the surrounding walls
- Walls reflect and affect the sound from speakers. For best results, place speakers one meter in from the side walls with a minimum of 30cm between the rear of
the speaker and the wall. If the adjacent walls are less than one meter away, rotate the speakers away from the walls so that the sound is directed inwards. Give priority to maintaining the distance between the rear of the speakers and the wall behind them.
- Preferred listening position in relation to the speakers
- For two-channel listening, the ideal position is at the third corner of an equilateral triangle formed with the speakers at the other two corners. In practice, however, there should be no issue if the listener is situated within the apex of an isosceles triangle formed with an angle of 30° to 60° relative to the speakers.
- Height from the floor
- The ideal height of the speaker unit is at the listener's this, but so long as there is sufficient distance between the listener and the speaker, you need not be concerned if the speakers are a little higher or lower than this. At a listening distance of two meters from the speakers, you can position the speakers 10 cm lower or higher than eye level. Consider purchasing a pair of ECLIPSE TD speaker stands if you want to enjoy listening from a sofa or similar seated position.
- Speaker orientation
- If you want to achieve enhanced stereo separation, angle speakers inwards.
- With full-range speakers, isn't there some trade off at the end of the treble and bass ranges?
- For normal listening, it is unlikely you will notice any deficiency , as it is the
mid-range that is crucial for music, in our design the timing remains unaltered.
- Do you have to use a special amp with ECLIPSE TD speakers?
- You can use amplifiers made by other manufacturers with our products. But bear in mind the ultimate quality achieved will depend on the quality of the source and the speed of operation of the amplifier. The quality will always be of greater importance than the power output.
- What are the speakers made from?
- The cones of TD712zMK2, TD510ZMK2, TD510MK2 and TD508MK3 speakers are made of glass fibre and the enclosures are fabricated from ABS. The cones of TD725sw and TD307MK2A are made from paper. The TD307MK2A enclosures are made from expanded polypropylene.
- How many connectors does the amp have?
- Only the essential connectors. The decision to allow only minimal connections is tied to the concept of eliminating anything, including circuits, that might compromise the signal quality. If in doubt please visit the download section to access the specific product user manuals.
- What should I do about protective covering when listening?
- If you wish to protect the driver, only use the grilles that are supplied with the product.
- What is the best material for a speaker stand?
- Stands are ideally made from heavy, rigid materials that are good at absorbing vibration and are immune to the vibration of the speakers themselves. Stands should support the speakers at eye level to the listening position.
- How do I connect the speakers to a TV or portable CD player?
- Check what kind of connector the device has (e.g., stereo minijack) and buy the proper kind of cable to connect it to the system.